The Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management (RAAPM) Fellowship program at Wake Forest School of Medicine is a one-year training program. We offer three fellowship positions.
The RAAPM fellowship generally coincides with the July to June academic year.
Applicants may submit a completed application and supporting documents as outlined in the Common Fellowship Application.
Please forward all supporting documents and application to Sherry Meacham. Candidates who match will be notified by email of available dates to schedule an interview. We start accepting applications on December 1 of each year.
Until positions are filled.
Submitting an Application
Complete the Common Fellowship Application on the ASRA website.
Prospective fellows should submit the following documents:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I, II and III or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation (Including one from your program director)
- Current photograph
- Eligibility for North Carolina medical license
Appointees must qualify for their respective board and must obtain a full North Carolina Medical License prior to beginning fellowship on July 1.
Invitations for interviews will be sent by email from our fellowship coordinator.
Foreign Medical Graduates
We accept foreign medical graduates into our program. We look for well-qualified candidates and prefer applicants who have had U.S. clinical experience within the application year. Successful applicants must be eligible for full unrestricted North Carolina medical license. If you need work authorization, our institution accepts J-1 Visas, Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) and green cards.