To be eligible for the Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship, the applicant must meet these requirements:
- MD degree (or equivalent)
- Completion of Urology or General Surgery residency training. U.S. board eligibility or certification is not required for international medical graduates
- Successful completion of all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), eligible for H-1B via for non-U.S. residents
- Eligible for a Full Medical License or Medical School Faculty License from the North Carolina Medical Board
- Familiarity with the principles of transplantation
- Skilled in interpersonal communications and English language
Applicants interested in pursing the Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship program are required to apply directly through SF Match.
Those who qualify for an interview will notified of potential interview dates in March-May for the position starting August 1st of the following year.
Applications open January 13, 2021 and close February 10, 2021.
Submitting an Application
Register and submit applications with the SF Match.
- USMLE Step I, II, and III scores
- Curriculum vitae
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
- Current photograph