To be eligible for the Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship, the applicant must meet these requirements:
- MD degree (or equivalent)
- Board-eligible, board certification, or completion of general surgical or urology training
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification, if applicable
- Completion of all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), eligible for H-1B visa (if requred)
- Eligible for a Full Medical License or Medical School Faculty License from the North Carolina Medical Board
- Familiarity with the principles of transplantation
- Skilled in interpersonal communications and English language
Applicants interested in pursing the Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship program are required to apply directly through the program director.
Those who qualify for an interview will notified of potential interview dates in March-May for the position starting August 1st of the following year.
The deadline to apply for the fellowship program is 18 to 24 months prior to the expected start date of the fellowship.
Submitting an Application
- Qualified applicants must email the fellowship program director Jeffrey Rogers, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the required documents below
- Register with the SF Match. The rank order list is due June 2019 with match day the following week
- USMLE Step I, II, and III scores
- Curriculum vitae
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest explaining career choice and goals
- Three letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
- Current photograph