The Biennial Alumni Association Conferences are an opportunity for Wake Forest Nurse Anesthesia Program (Wake NAP) alumni to connect, network, and learn. The agenda includes an update on current evidence-based practice, which are AANA-approved for class A CE credit. The meetings are designed to keep alumni informed about important program information and the Wake Forest Baptist Health system. Alumni have the opportunity to attend the business meeting portion of the conference with the Alumni Board and participate in voting matters.
0800 Biennial Alumni ZOOM Session OPENS, Virtual Networking Opportunity
0830 Welcome & Program Updates
- Alumni Chair: Kimberly Gordon, CRNA ’07, MSN, Program Director: Courtney Brown, PhD, CRNA ’07, MSN, CHSE
0910 TOPIC: ERAS Advances in Orthopedic Populations
- Speaker: Elena Meadows, DNP ’20, CRNA ’09, MSN, ,Faculty, UNC-Charlotte-Atrium CRNA Program
1010 TOPIC: Implementing an Opioid-Sparing Protocol for Cancer Surgery Patients
- Speaker: Kenneth Thompson, DNP ’20, CRNA, MSN, Clinical Instructor, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Coordinator, Department of Academic Nursing, Wake Forest School of Medicine
1120 TOPIC: Clinical Teaching with the Millennial Generation
- Speaker: Lisa Mileto, DNP, CRNA, Associate Director of Doctoral Studies, Department of Academic Nursing, Wake Forest School of Medicine
- Speaker: Devin Miller, CRNA ’18, MSN, Clinical Instructor, Obstetric Anesthesia, Wake Forest Baptist Health
1230 Wake Forest School of Medicine/Atrium Updates
- Speaker: Julie Ann Freischlag, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), DFSVS, Chief Executive Officer, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Dean, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Chief Academic Officer, Atrium Health Enterprise
1255 CRNA Alumni Scholarship Awards presented by the Office of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations
1330 CRNA Alumni Association Business Meeting – members of the association invited to attend
- Alumni Chair: Kimberly Gordon, CRNA ’07, MSN
Presentation of the COPPER KETTLE AWARD RECIPIENTS
Presentation of the 2021 PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP AWARD
1430 Session Concludes
Please join us in making a difference at Wake Forest School of Medicine by
making a gift to the
Nurse Anesthesia Program Fund.
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 4.00 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1040185; Expiration Date 3/6/2021.