The application cycle for the 2020 Health Care Explorers Summer Program is now open. Apply here today.
Specifically, the program's aim is to identify 15-20 ninth- and tenth-grade underrepresented minorities and disadvantaged high school students who have an interest in a health career and academic potential for a career in the health sciences.
Students participate in a week-long health careers program that explores a variety of health careers and includes tours of local colleges and universities, as well as an introduction to case-centered learning activities.
During the program, students will be able to:
- Learn responsibilities, health career exploration and educational preparation of select health professions.
- Observe state-of-the-art health technology equipment used in various health professions.
- Develop an understanding of the health care delivery system and the principles of medical ethics and safety.
- Cultivate effective skills of personal development in areas such as peer relation, teamwork, and leadership.
- Meet health care practitioners and health professional students who share their health career goals.
- Be a freshman or sophomore for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Complete the application process and meet the summer program guidelines.
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Submit a letter of interest outlining your career goals and why you want to participate in our summer program.
- Submit the Photo Release form and Liability Waiver.