The Visiting Student Program at the Wake Forest School of Medicine provides an enriching opportunity for both the school and the applicant. In order for you to attend an elective rotation, you must be actively pursuing a Doctor of Medicine degree and be in good academic standing at your homeschool.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine students are also welcome to apply.
Students interested in pursuing a residency or fellowship program are required to apply through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) with the documents listed below.
As part of the VSAS process, prospective fellows will need to submit the following documentation:
- USMLE Step I scores
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of Professional Liability Certificate of Coverage
- Exchange Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates certification (if applicable)
- Personal statement or letter of interest in Wake Forest School of Medicine program
- Two letters of recommendation to be addressed to the program director
- Academic Transcript
- Current photograph
Medical Students - Scholarship Clerkship Application (pdf)
Visiting Residents and Fellows
Requirements and Licenses
All residents coming to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to do a rotation must provide the following:
- Written documentation, signed by the program director of the resident’s sponsoring institution stating that said institution is continuing to cover the rotating resident’s salary, benefits and malpractice insurance during rotation.
- Verification of malpractice (e.g., certificate of insurance)
- Valid NC resident training license